Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Google likes to keep its main search page as simple as possible, so you have to go to Settings in the bottom right corner to access Advanced Search.
If you plan on using Advanced Search often, you may want to bookmark the URL: http://www.google.com/advanced_search.
Find pages with...
- all these words
- this exact word or phrase
- any of these words
- none of these words
- numbers ranging from
Then narrow your results by...
- language: find pages in the language you select
- region: find pages published in a particular region
- last update: find pages updated within the time you specify
- site or domain: search one site (like uwf.edu) or limit your results to a domain, like .edu, .org, or .gov
- terms appearing: search for terms in the whole page, page title, or web address, or links to the page you're looking for
- SafeSearch: tell SafeSearch whether to filter sexually explicit content
- reading level: find pages at one reading level or just view the level info
- file type: find pages in the format you prefer, like .doc, .pdf, .ppt, etc.
- usage rights: find pages you are free to use yourself
You can also...
Feel like you need more help? here is a free online course on becoming a Google Power User