There are many places to get biography information.
Try a Subject search of your Pioneer in both the catalog and URSearch. A subject search means the materials returned have to be about that person.
What are some places you can find details to build a biography on your Pioneer of Art Therapy
- URSearch- Search across many library resources at once for your Pioneer.
- Catalog and OhioLINK catalog- search your pioneer as a subject search
- Podcasts- Look for a podcast where the Pioneer was the guest speaker.
- Forewards- Read the forewards of any books they have written. These are often written by the author and explain what he/she was working or or thinking about in their life when the book was written. The Foreword may also be written by a good friend of the Pioneer and contain details of their live.
- Vita- Look for the Pioneer's Vita. a Vita is a long elaborate resume that details conferences, books, book chapters, seminars and more that the Pioneer has written.
- Writing in College Publications- Find out where the Pioneer was educated. That university may have featured them in an alumni magazine or while they were a professor at that institution.
- Video Recordings- Look at the library's streaming video collection and see if the Pioneer is featured. Also look at YouTube to see if the Pionner was interviewed by another authentic source.
- Duck Duck Go- Try using a different search engine other then Google. Duck Duck Go has been successful in finding pages that Google did not.